The agenda for the Pre-Season Conference to be held this Thursday (23rd March) is shown below.
Please note Registration is closed and we CANNOT accept any late delegate applications or changes.
|08:30 - 09:15||Registration
|1||09:15 - 09:30||BADA – opening remarks & “The Future of Air Show Events”|
What are the aims of the Symposium:
- Understand the changes for 2017
- Identify sources of information & points of contact
- Identify interdependencies, linkages and reliance each other (EOs, FDDS, Pilots)
- Identify potential areas of risk/concern (and possible mitigation)
|BADA Chairman - John Turner
|2||09:30 - 10:55||CAA/MAA – regulatory update|
Topics to be covered will be of interest to all (Pilots, FDDs & EOs):
- FDD accreditation
- Airshow Tier System
- Wider changes to the regulation (CAP 403 and RA2335)
Assurance (2nd Party for the Mil – 3rd Party (CAA/MAA)
- Risk Management (relationship between the EO, FDD & Pilot (& ODH within Mil sphere)
- Applications, Submissions, Waivers & Exemptions
- CAA to consider Part SPO update TBC?
- Reporting culture – we can all do better
|10:55 - 11:25||Coffee
|3||11:25 - 11:45||Policing at Airshows|
- Preparation and planning – lessons identified?
- What happens when it goes wrong/contingency?
|National Chief Constables Committee Representative
|4||11:45 - 12:00||Military Events Committees|
- Explaining the processes
- Access to data
- Coherence across the 3 Events Committees
- Interaction of the Events Committees and Display participants
- Alleviate some of the issues encountered this year
- Clarify the charging regimes
|Military Events Committee
|5||12:00 - 12:30||Legal & Insurance|
Panel Question and Answer Session:
- Associated insurance requirements:- Weather, Venue, Display participant
|Wg Cdr Tim Billingham – MAA
CAA Legal advisor
BADA Legal advisor - Mr Tim Scorer
BADA Insurance SME - Mr Nigel Foster
|12:30 - 13:20||Lunch
|6||13:20 - 14:00||Event Organisers – Perspectives and Requirements|
This is a golden opportunity for EOs to engage with the rest of the Airshow community:
- What lessons did EOs learn last year – what will change this year?
- What information do they need?
- Where can they get that information?
- What are EOs key risks – how do they mitigate these risks?
- Accommodation, transport and logistics?
- Human Factors considerations?
- Open Forum and Q/A?
|Event Organiser TBC
|7||14:00 - 14:40||FDDs & FCCs – Perspectives and Requirements|
What do FDDs & FCCs need this season:
- What have they learned on the FDD Course?
- How is this year going to be different?
- What information do they require from the regulators, EOs,
pilots and event committees?
- FDD relationship with EOs?
- How can we help them to help us?
- How are they going to manage risk?
- What are their key lessons from this year and how are they going to fix them?
- Stop & warning calls and contingency planning?
- FCC Roles & Responsibilities (integration with FDD and participants)
- Human Factors considerations? (Inc. normalised deviance)
Miltary FDD (TBC)
|14:40 - 15:10||Tea
|8||15:10 - 15:50||Participants – Perspectives and Requirements|
What do the pilots need from EOs, FDDs, Regulators and Events Committees?
- What lessons did they learn last year?
- How will they implement changes this year?
- What information do they require and by when?
- What does “best practice” look like for briefing material?
- What do they need to see in risk assessments?
- How do they deal with stop calls?
- How can they help EOs and FDDs – access to data?
- Human Factors considerations?
|Military pilot (TBC)
Civilian pilot (TBC)
|9||15:50 - 16:10||Wrap-up||BADA/CAA/MAA
|BADA ONLY||16:10 +||BADA AGM||BADA