Ahead of The Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show this weekend, IWM Duxford has released some important safety information that it wishes to share with local residents:
- IWM Duxford takes great care to ensure its air shows are as safe as possible for everyone involved.
- It is not safe to occupy the fields immediately south of the runway during the air show. If you do so you are putting yourself and the display pilots in harm’s way.
- In support of this, Grange Road will be closed on 19 and 20 September 2015.
- In the event of an incident it is imperative that the emergency services have clear, unhindered access to the tracks across this land.
- There is no public access to these fields at any time.
Jointly issued by IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire Constabulary and the landowners.